Recipe by lazy gourmet
This one came from the back of a teriyaki sauce bottle. It's easy, a great low carb appetizer or main dish paired with a salad. And can be altered for a more filling dish by omitting the lettuce and using flour tortillas instead!
Top Review by kepeternell
My family raves about these! I made them with gluten free teriyaki sauce for a GF meal and added bean sprouts for an extra crunch. It was something different and fun to put together for Christmas appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- rice noodles, to taste (optional)
- shredded carrot, to taste (optional)
- iceberg lettuce leaves or flour tortilla, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Add chicken and water chestnuts.
- Mix to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook and stir in small batches in hot oil in a wok or large skillet until no longer pink.
- Serve with rice noodles, shredded carrots and lettuce leaves or flour tortillas.