Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one came from the back of a teriyaki sauce bottle. It's easy, a great low carb appetizer or main dish paired with a salad. And can be altered for a more filling dish by omitting the lettuce and using flour tortillas instead!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- rice noodles, to taste (optional)
- shredded carrot, to taste (optional)
- iceberg lettuce leaves or flour tortilla, as needed
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Add chicken and water chestnuts.
- Mix to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook and stir in small batches in hot oil in a wok or large skillet until no longer pink.
- Serve with rice noodles, shredded carrots and lettuce leaves or flour tortillas.
My family raves about these! I made them with gluten free teriyaki sauce for a GF meal and added bean sprouts for an extra crunch. It was something different and fun to put together for Christmas appetizers.
This was great! So easy to make and quick good. My four year old daughter loved making the little lettuce tacos and also enjoyed eating them. This was a winner and will make over and over.
Tasty, delicious, and incredibly easy! It makes enough for my fiancée and I, and allows for leftovers. (I suggest using a really thick terriaki, preferably one with sesame seeds...my suggestion) -j