Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is a delicious, quick and easy recipe! I made this a lot when I was a young adult, just starting to cook, and didn't have a lot of money to spend on fancy ingredients. The sauce also makes a great marinade for grilled chicken. The recipe is modified from a recipe I saw in a 6 ingredients or less type of cookbook, sorry I don't remember the exact name of the book, or the original recipe, I saw it in a library and I haven't come across this exact book since.
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved. (Use less chicken if you like)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar (1/2 Tbsp. is equal to 1 tsp. Cider Vinegar can be used in place of White Vinegar.)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in glass baking dish. (A 9 X 9, or 8 X 11 dish works well, I don't suggest using a 9 X 13).
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder and black pepper; stir or whisk until well blended. Pour sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake chicken with sauce mixture for about 20 - 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. For best results turn chicken over half way through cooking.