1 hr 15 mins
These hors d'oeuvres are totally addictive, there flakey and so easy to prepare, these are the perfect party food, or make them for an evening snack, you won't be able to stop eating them, they are that good! The rolls can be fully prepared and wrapped, then refrigerated for up to 24 hours in advance to be baked later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese, can use slightly more if desired
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- black pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (half of a 17.3-ounce package)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces packaged sliced pepperoni (about twenty-six 1-1/2-inch diameter slices)
- 1 large egg, slighty beaten
- 1In a bowl, mix together cheese, thyme, oregano and black pepper (I use about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper for this).
- 2Cut the puff pastry in half to form 2 rectangles.
- 3Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over 1 puff pastry rectangle (leaving a 1-inch untouched border at the long edge).
- 4Place half of the pepperoni (13 slices) in a single layer on top of mustard.
- 5Top pepperoni with half of cheese mixture.
- 6Brush the untouched border with egg.
- 7Starting at side opposite the plain border, roll up pastry sealing at egg-coated edge.
- 8Transfer pastry roll (seam-side down) to a medium baking sheet.
- 9Repeat with remaining pastry rectangle, mustard, pepperoni, cheese misture and egg.
- 10Chill rolls until firm (about 30-40 minutes) or you can wrap and refrigerate the rolls for up to 1 day.
- 11Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 12Line two baking sheets with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 13Cut each pastry roll into about 30 (1/4-inch thick slices).
- 14Transfer the pinwheels to prepared baking sheets.
- 15Bake until golden (about 15 minutes).
- 16Transfer to a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Asiago and Pepperoni Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: