1/1 Photo of Easy-As-Pie No Bake Chocolate Torte
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I saw this in a TOH "Best of Country Cooking" cookbook. I can't give credit to the submitter, there was no name given. Cook time is chill time. If made as written, this is a light tasting dessert. Feel free to add more powdered sugar and cocoa powder if desired. Submitted on June 4th, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and cocoa. Set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- 4Add sugar/cocoa mix a little at a time until stiff peaks form.
- 5Stir in extract.
- 6Frost between layers and stack on serving plate; then frost top and sides.
- 7Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy-As-Pie No Bake Chocolate Torte
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.2
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 236.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g