Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I saw this in a TOH "Best of Country Cooking" cookbook. I can't give credit to the submitter, there was no name given. Cook time is chill time. If made as written, this is a light tasting dessert. Feel free to add more powdered sugar and cocoa powder if desired. Submitted on June 4th, 2006.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and cocoa. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar/cocoa mix a little at a time until stiff peaks form.
- Stir in extract.
- Frost between layers and stack on serving plate; then frost top and sides.
- Sprinkle with almonds if desired.