Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
WOW, I grew up on this as a kid and never knew how easy it was to make. one bite and you'll see why. I begged my mom to make it ever year for the holidays.
- 2 egg yolks, beaten up
- 283.49-340.19 g sweetened condensed milk
- 59.14-118.29 ml lemon juice concentrate
- cream of tartar (spice or powder)
- ready-made pie crust, any flavor
- mix egg yolks, milk, juice into large bowl.
- Mix all together until creamy.
- Add a few pinches of cream tartar to make it set nice. (not enough will make it runny.)
- Pour into your pie dish and refridgerate!
- Depending on the size of your crust, you may need to use more sweetened condensed milk to fill the pie up. I usually use 1 can, + 1/2 can. I always let mine set overnight. You can top it with anything you wish like whipped cream, or lemon wedges for garnish. I give one to each of my neighbors as sweet gifts. I promise you will love it!
wow this is one of the best lemon desserts ever. I used one 14 oz can condensed milk and about 1/3 of lemon juice. Perfection!!