Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Five ingredients to a spectacular dessert. Use any flavor of pie filling. Raspberry, blueberry, and cherry are my favorite.
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can pie filling (your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wisk together cake mix, egg, and water until there are no lumps.
- Put butter in a 9x9 baking dish and put in oven until melted. When melted take pan out of oven and pour batter over melted butter. Do not stir.
- Pour pie filling over batter and again, do not stir.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden brown.
I used a low sugar cake mix, egg beaters and the low sugar pie filling. I can't imagine it being any better. I served it with light whipped cream. It was great. Everyone loved it.
This was such an easy dessert and it taste's great to boot. I love it. Its hard to believe that some good recipe have no or few rating. Anyone looking for something simple, this is it! I used blueberry pie filling. AWESOME!! Thank you....
I made this for company and everyone loved it. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Yum. I'll definitely make this again.