Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple and easy recipe for a delicious cobbler with a cake-like texture. Yummy served warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pie filling, your choice (peach, blackberry, cherry, apple, blueberry, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a one-quart baking dish or 9-inch square pan, cream together sugar and butter.
- Mix in flour and milk until smooth. Pour pie filling over the top. Do not stir.
- Bake 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.