Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on the Gooseberry Patch website and I'm posting for safe keeping. It can be found in the "Gooseberry Patch: Church Suppers" cookbook. The recipe makes two pies. I added pickles to make it taste a little closer to the real thing.
- 3 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 4 dill pickle spears, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 (9 inch) deep-dish pie crusts, baked
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Divide beef mixture evenly into pie crusts.
- Spread mashed potatoes over both pies, smoothing edges to seal.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Makes 2 pies.