Recipe by Gwanny Hill
Our family has always loved cheese straws but sometimes I lack the time to make the traditional recipe. This one is much easier and almost as good!
- 1 (11 ounce) packagedry pie crust mix
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using food processor or mixer, blend pie crust mix, cheese spread and cayenne pepper until dough ball is formed.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes before rolling out and cutting with desired cookie cutter shape, or cutting into strips approximately 2 inches in length.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from pan after cooling 5 minutes.
- Store in air-tight container.
- NOTE: Preparation time includes 20 minutes chilling time.