Recipe by Jill (Bean) Lucier
Easy to prepare, simple ingredients, but tastes like you cooked for hours. :-)
Top Review by Charlotte J
Fast, few ingredients and it provides a nice light meal. I put in 1T chili powder, 1/2 cumin and a red pepper to add a little more color. To keep it light we just topped ours with salsa. Adding this recipe to my many other keepers. Thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup 2009* game
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 -12 large tortillas, any kind
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges and separated into petals. A Vidalia onion is best
- chili powder
- cooking oil
- chopped tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken breasts. Cook until almost done. Cut chicken into slices like chicken fingers.
- Continue cooking chicken. Add chili powder. Use as much as you like. The spicier the better!
- When chicken is done, add onions to skillet and cook until soft. Don't overcook the onions. You want them to still look like onions, not onion skins. :-).
- Warm tortillas per the directions on the tortilla package.
- Spread sour cream on tortilla, add chicken and onions and other filling ingredients.
- Roll 'em up and munch out!