Recipe by Debber
With home-grown apples from our trees out back, this is a great addition to the Saturday breakfast menu and the church coffee hour on Sunday morning! From the reverse-side of the October calendar page hanging in the office copy room.
- 4 cooking apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins, plumped
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 1 sheet phyllo dough, thawed (half package)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375; grease a 15x10 baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix filling ingredients, set aside.
- Brush each sheet of phyllo lightly with butter, laying each sheet on top of the last on baking sheet; form a neat stack.
- Spoon filling along ONE long side of the phyllo; brush remaining butter along the edges.
- Roll tightly (jelly-roll fashion), making sure seam is on underside of the roll.
- Brush with remaining butter (use it all up now).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes--top will be golden brown and crispy.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipping cream or ice cream.