With home-grown apples from our trees out back, this is a great addition to the Saturday breakfast menu and the church coffee hour on Sunday morning! From the reverse-side of the October calendar page hanging in the office copy room.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cooking apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced
- 1 cup raisins, plumped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 375; grease a 15x10 baking sheet; set aside.
- 2Mix filling ingredients, set aside.
- 3Brush each sheet of phyllo lightly with butter, laying each sheet on top of the last on baking sheet; form a neat stack.
- 4Spoon filling along ONE long side of the phyllo; brush remaining butter along the edges.
- 5Roll tightly (jelly-roll fashion), making sure seam is on underside of the roll.
- 6Brush with remaining butter (use it all up now).
- 7Bake for 40-45 minutes--top will be golden brown and crispy.
- 8Dust generously with powdered sugar.
- 9Serve warm with sweetened whipping cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy-As-Autumn Apple Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.2
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 37.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g