Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in my Easy to Make Easy to Bake recipe collection. I have not tried it but am for Thanksgiving.
- 453.59 g package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crust)
- 1419.54 ml peeled cored and sliced apples
- 177.44 ml sugar, plus
- 14.79 ml sugar, divided
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml apple pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 22.18 ml milk or 22.18 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fit 1 pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish.
- Mix apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple-pie spice and salt in large mixing bowl until apples are coated.
- Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined pie dish; spread evenly. Scatter butter pieces over top of mixture.
- Fit top crust over apple mixture. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust around edges. Press edges together to seal; flute.
- Brush top crust with milk. Make slits in top crust with knife to create steam vents. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake pie until golden, 40-45 minutes.
We really enjoyed this pie.Nice flavour.