I found this in my Easy to Make Easy to Bake recipe collection. I have not tried it but am for Thanksgiving.
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 crust)
- 6 cups peeled cored and sliced apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fit 1 pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish.
- Mix apples, 3/4 cup sugar, flour, apple-pie spice and salt in large mixing bowl until apples are coated.
- Turn apple mixture into pastry-lined pie dish; spread evenly. Scatter butter pieces over top of mixture.
- Fit top crust over apple mixture. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust around edges. Press edges together to seal; flute.
- Brush top crust with milk. Make slits in top crust with knife to create steam vents. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake pie until golden, 40-45 minutes.
We really enjoyed this pie.Nice flavour.