Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple classic recipe.
- 6 large apples, Rome or Granny Smith
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup extra finely granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons flour
- Slice apples and mix with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and two teaspoons flour. Pour into pie pan lined with unbaked piecrust.
- Cream butter and dark brown sugar with fork and add one cup flour to make a crumb mixture. Sprinkle over pie.
- Bake 450 F for five minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350 F and bake until done (20-30 minutes).