Recipe by Steve P.
An easy make ahead dry muffin mix just add eggs, milk and fruit, nuts or other goodies to make your favorite muffins. Will last 12 weeks stored in an air tight container.
For Dry Mix
- 8 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
For Baking muffins
- 1 cup well drained blueberries (or substitute with equal amount of drained crushed pineapple, coconut, raspberries, chocolate chips,)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For Dry muffin Mix: In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut in shortening until evenly distributed.
- Store in a large airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 12 weeks as this contains no preservatives.
- Makes 10 cups muffin mix.
- For Baking muffins: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Put 2 1/3 cups muffin mix into a medium bowl.
- Stir in blueberries or whatever fruit, nut etc.
- you decided on and stir to coat.
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Add all at once to muffin mix.
- Stir just until moistened; batter should be lumpy.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 large muffins.