Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy make ahead dry muffin mix just add eggs, milk and fruit, nuts or other goodies to make your favorite muffins. Will last 12 weeks stored in an air tight container.
For Dry Mix
- 8 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
For Baking muffins
- 1 cup well drained blueberries (or substitute with equal amount of drained crushed pineapple, coconut, raspberries, chocolate chips,)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- For Dry muffin Mix: In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut in shortening until evenly distributed.
- Store in a large airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 12 weeks as this contains no preservatives.
- Makes 10 cups muffin mix.
- For Baking muffins: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Put 2 1/3 cups muffin mix into a medium bowl.
- Stir in blueberries or whatever fruit, nut etc.
- you decided on and stir to coat.
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Add all at once to muffin mix.
- Stir just until moistened; batter should be lumpy.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 12 large muffins.
This recipe worked out great. I made some with blueberries and some with apples and cinnamon. I made them for my husband to take on a sailing trip. Everyone enjoyed them.
great recipe . i lost my recipe and was thrilled to find this one,thank you 1steve.