- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (white or cider)
- 1 (15 ounce) can beets, drained (sliced, julienned, or diced)
- 1⁄2 cup beet juice, from the liquid in the can
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, combine the ONE tablespoons cornstarch, the TWO tablespoons sugar and the THREE tablespoons vinegar (get it, 1-2-3?)! Stir.
- Drain the can of beets, reserving the liquid. Add 1/2 cup of the liquid to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring till thickened and bubbly.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add drained beets and heat in the sauce till hot through.