Prep 4 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Ok, folks! Are you looking for simple, fast, and healthy. Can these three words actually be in the same sentence? Well yes the can! I searched all over this site, and the internet for a healthy, simple and fast recipe for a whole young turkey but, failed. So I did some brain storming. Its not a masterpiece, but it does taste good and it is healthy! I hope you enjoy!
- 3 -4 lbs young turkey (I prefer Butterball)
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- water (for basting -- can use beer if prefered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place turkey in a deep baking dish.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake for approximaley 2 hours or until done.
- BASTING: Keep and eye on your bird.
- You need to bast it often.
- I start off sprinkling it with water.
- When the juices start to form on the bottom of the pan, then I use them.