Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I know-LONG title, but my family loves it, and it was really quick to make.
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained (broken into bite-size pieces and reserve liquid)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg beaters)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (plus enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 2 quart casserole.
- Sauté artichokes, garlic and paprika in liquid on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and pour into casserole, cover with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tsp parmesan.
- Mix next 4 ingredients til just blended. Pour over casserole.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes over Bisquick mixture. Cover with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
This recipe was great! My family (not all veggie lovers) loved it, too! I added a small can of green chilis over the artichoke layer which gave it a nice flavor. I also added a bit more cheese than the recipe called for. Next time, I may also add some spicy sausage, too! My husband has already asked me when I will make it again! Thanks!