Recipe by VeggieHippie
I know-LONG title, but my family loves it, and it was really quick to make.
Top Review by Mrs. Pilk
This recipe was great! My family (not all veggie lovers) loved it, too! I added a small can of green chilis over the artichoke layer which gave it a nice flavor. I also added a bit more cheese than the recipe called for. Next time, I may also add some spicy sausage, too! My husband has already asked me when I will make it again! Thanks!
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained (broken into bite-size pieces and reserve liquid)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs (or 1 cup egg beaters)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (plus enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 2 quart casserole.
- Sauté artichokes, garlic and paprika in liquid on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and pour into casserole, cover with 1/2 cup mozzarella and 2 tsp parmesan.
- Mix next 4 ingredients til just blended. Pour over casserole.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes over Bisquick mixture. Cover with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.