I remembered Mom making this salad when I was a teenager, so I recently asked her for the recipe. Between her memories and mine, this is what we came up with - it's great for picnics and potlucks and is very tasty. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 box chicken rice-a-roni
- 1 box of fried rice w/ almonds Rice-A-Roni
- 2 jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 can sliced ripe black olives, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained,cut in halves (about 1/3 cup)
- 1Cook the packages of rice according the the directions; let cool.
- 2Combine the cooked rice and remaining salad ingredients.
- 3Combine dressing ingredients (including the reserved liquid from the artichokes).
- 4Mix salad and dressing together and let chill in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving; when combined the salad will become a greenish color.
- 5You can substitute green olives for the black, if you prefer; salad is also good with chopped cooked chicken added!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Artichoke Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
marinated artichoke hearts
sliced water chestnuts