Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great appetizers, served with soup, or for a yummy snack. These are so good and can be made quickly and easily. Created for RSC#11!
- 226.79 g can crescent rolls
- 59.16 ml grated smoked gouda cheese
- 170.09 g cream cheese, softened (3/4 of 8 oz. pkg)
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 0.59 ml red cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml chopped shallot
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 28.39 ml chopped sun-dried tomato
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Unroll dough into long rectangle in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan; seal perforations. Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- Bake at 375*F. for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, red pepper flakes, salt and egg; blend well. Spread over partially baked crust.
- Top with shallots, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. Return to oven and bake an additional 13 to 19 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set.
- To serve, cut into squares. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
Aussie Swap#17: This was a great appy for the get together we had this weekend!! Delicious!!
This made a yummy dinner for us tonight - it was the perfect amount for the three of us... sort of a Greek pizza. I used reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream which didn't seem to affect the texture at all, it baked beautifully. However, I thought the white topping was a bit thick, so next time I'd use maybe half to three-fourths the amount. I think a few calamata olives would be a nice addition (of course I'd add them to anything I can!). Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
This is a wonderful combo of flavors; added some ham, too. Loved the cream cheese mixture with the smokey cheese. Delicious lunch! Made for Holiday tag Game.