Great appetizers, served with soup, or for a yummy snack. These are so good and can be made quickly and easily. Created for RSC#11!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 4 tablespoons grated smoked gouda cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (3/4 of 8 oz. pkg)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red cayenne chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shallot
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Unroll dough into long rectangle in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan; seal perforations. Press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- Bake at 375*F. for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream, red pepper flakes, salt and egg; blend well. Spread over partially baked crust.
- Top with shallots, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes. Return to oven and bake an additional 13 to 19 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set.
- To serve, cut into squares. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.