Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Goya recipe that I use a lot, it is easy and delicious. Everyone who tries it loves it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon goya adobo all purpose seasoning with pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, finely chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 (8 ounce) boxgoya yellow rice
- 1 (4 ounce) jarfancy sliced pimientos, drained
- 8 manzilla olives stuffed with minced pimientos, thinly sliced, I use more
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 cups water
- Season chicken with Adobo.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add onions and peppers to pan.
- Cook until vegetables are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan.
- Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour 2 cups water to pan with vegetables.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add rice and chicken to pan.
- Bring mixture back to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Lower heat to medium low.
- Simmer cover until water is absorbed, rice is tender about 25 minutes.
- Arrange pimentos, olives, and peas over chicken and rice.