Recipe by mama smurf
This is a quick and easy recipe. I found it in Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook and changed it to our tastes. I have used boneless/skinless chicken thighs which work out find...they are really a little moister.
Top Review by rggrant68
Amazing. Didn't seem like enough rice and too much liquid but it came out...AMAZING. I added a can of Rotel Tomatoes for a little extra flavor and spice. Turned out as good, if not better than any mexican place i've been too.
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the rice in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (I use Goya Adobo seasoning with the pepper generally). Put the chicken over the rice.
- In a bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, and green pepper; pour over the chicken and rice.
- Cover and bake a 350 degress for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the chicken and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.