1/1 Photo of Easy Arroz Con Pollo
1 hr 15 mins
mama smurf's Note:
This is a quick and easy recipe. I found it in Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook and changed it to our tastes. I have used boneless/skinless chicken thighs which work out find...they are really a little moister.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Spread the rice in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper (I use Goya Adobo seasoning with the pepper generally). Put the chicken over the rice.
- 2In a bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion, garlic, and green pepper; pour over the chicken and rice.
- 3Cover and bake a 350 degress for 55-60 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken juices run clear.
- 4Sprinkle both cheeses over the chicken and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Arroz Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 83.9 mg
- Sodium 875.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 32.4 g