Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to make dessert that tastes great.
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans apricot halves, drained,reserve 1/3 cup juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, white,fresh,fine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- melted butter or oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush 8 inch pie dish with melted butter or oil.
- Place half of the fruit in the pie dish.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar and half of the bread crumbs over the apricots.
- Pour half of the melted butter and half of the apricot juice over the bread crumbs.
- Repeat with remaining fruit, sugar, crumbs, melted butter and apricot juice.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Best when served still warm.
This dish reminded us of a German fruit dumpling we had only not as sweet. It is a nice quick dessert. Thanks Rick Young.