Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot jam
- Cream room temperature butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the one egg yolk.
- Mix in 2 cups of flour , and the nuts .
- Divide dough in two parts.
- Spread or press 1 part in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover with the apricot jam.
- Drop remaining dough in spoonfuls over the jam, spreading to edges carefully.
- Bake in a 350F oven about 40 minutes or until golden.
- Cool and cut into squares.