Recipe by Jenny Frenny
My daughter found this recipe on a Holly Hobbie web site and asked me to make them with her. They were actually very good and simple to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- crystal sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in beaten eggs, applesauce and melted butter. (by hand, do not need mixer).
- Evenly scoop mixture into muffin pans.
- Sprinkle crystal sugar sprinkles on tops of muffins.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Test to see if toothpick comes out clean.