Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the best. Both my kids, ages 4 and two love them. I will double the batch and freeze them. They are great for on the go breakfasts.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky applesauce
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with bake cups and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter on high for about 30 to 60 seconds; set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large mixing bowl. When mixing dry and wet ingredients for muffins, gently stir just until the flour disappears. This will produce muffins with a nice crumbly texture.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Stir in the applesauce and melted butter until the mixture is smooth. For mess-free muffins, use an ice-cream scoop to spoon the batter into the bake cups.
- Pour the apple mixture over the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined (it's ready when you can't see any traces of flour).
- Fill the bake cups about two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
These were super easy & delicious! My picky 3 year old & 5 year old loved them. Thanks!
I made these for the 15 high school youths that came over after Prom at 4:30 AM this morning. Everyone that had a muffin really liked them. They are easy to make and I like the fact you just mixed it up by hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I made this for the Spring PAC 2007 game