Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I took this from a community cookbook. It sounds like a strange combination that I look forward to trying.
- 2 cups corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce, thick style
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine first 8 ingredients and shape into balls.
- Put meatballs into a shallow pan.
- Combine the tomato soup and water and pour over the meatballs.
- Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes.
I don't usually like to be the first to try a recipe but I gave this one a whirl and it is awesome...really good combination of flavors. I cooked the meatballs without the sauce on them so I could drain the grease ...then put a jar of Ragu on them instead of the soup and put them back in the oven for a little while. Excellent recipe.