This is an incredibly quick and tasty applesauce recipe. The unusual cooking method is both easier and yummier. Unlike stovetop applesauce recipes, this requires no added water so it's richer, and it is also impossible to burn!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core, and coarsely chop the apples.
- 2Run apples through a blender until you have the desired consistency. I like mine slightly chunky. (Alternatively, you could finely chop the apples and not use the blender at all.).
- 3Pour into a heavy ceramic bowl that easily fits inside your rice cooker.
- 4Add sugar and lemon juice; stir together thoroughly.
- 5Place a cinnamon stick into the bowl of raw applesauce. Make sure that it is completely covered.
- 6Fill the metal bowl of your rice steamer so that the water is two inches high.
- 7Put the ceramic bowl filled with raw applesauce into the rice cooker. Cover and push the "cook" button.
- 8Walk away! Your rice steamer will do all the cooking, and no need to stir. The length of time it takes to cook probably varies according to your rice steamer, but I have the loveliest applesauce in about 10-15 minutes. Check back periodically and taste until it is done to your liking. Turn off the machine when it's done. You can leave the ceramic bowl in the rice cooker to cool, or remove it immediately with some tongs.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Applesauce (Cooked in Rice Steamer)
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g