- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
streusel crumb topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room Temp.)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the streusel mixture in a med. size bowl, and with 2 knifes or your hands combine until you have nice medium-size clumps. (streusel). Set aside.
- Combine the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well with a fork until combined (I cut up the apples in the can with a knife to make smaller chunks).
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover top with the streusel mixture.
- Return to bake for 30 more minutes.