Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this based on a Dump Cake I make. We loved the results and I thought I would share it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
streusel crumb topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room Temp.)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the streusel mixture in a med. size bowl, and with 2 knifes or your hands combine until you have nice medium-size clumps. (streusel). Set aside.
- Combine the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well with a fork until combined (I cut up the apples in the can with a knife to make smaller chunks).
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover top with the streusel mixture.
- Return to bake for 30 more minutes.
Don't know what it was about this cake, but it gave both my husband and I heartburn!!
I made with McIntosh Apples thinly sliced with the addition of cinnamon and sugar over the top with dots of butter. Then proceeded with the recipe. I also added 1 c. walnuts to the topping. Came out excellent! Served with a dollop of whipped cream and got smiles all over the place! Thanks for sharing!
An easy coffee cake with nice flavor and texture. The only changes I made were to add about 1/4 cup of brown sugar and some cinnamon to the streusel. Thanks for posting!