Recipe by Kree
This flavorful cake, made with spice cake mix and fresh apples, comes from the "Apple Lovers' Cookbook." If you use unsalted margarine, it's lactose-free.
Top Review by Rita~
Easy and very good! I suggest not to measure 21/4 cups because the cake batter does settle. My box had not even 4 cups so i just divided it.I also added almond slivers in with the crumb mixture. I made it in a 10 inch pie dish then after baked and cooled dusted with powdered sugar. Kree thumbs up! If I had 5 thumbs they`d all be up. Yummy!
- 524.46 g package spice cake mix
- 158.51 ml water
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml apples, peeled and sliced
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend half a package (approximately 2 1/4 cups) cake mix, water, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9" square pan.
- Combine remaining cake mix with cinnamon; add melted butter (or margarine) and vanilla.
- Toss with a fork to form large crumbs.
- Sprinkle half of crumb mixture over batter in pan.
- Arrange 1 cup of apple slices over crumb mixture.
- Carefully spoon on remaining batter.
- Arrange rest of apple slices over batter.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.