Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is a very tasty and simple cake to make. Courtesy of Betty Crocker! This was a quick dessert to make when you get the call "What are you doing? We're on our way over!"...
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker super moist spice cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) containerbetty crocker buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Mix cake as per box directions and bake in two 8" or 9" rounds.
- Let cool.
- Place 1 layer, round side down, on plate. Spread with pie filling. Top with second cake layer; round side up.
- Frost side and top of cake with frosting. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- *I've made this and it kept well for 3 days.
- I also made with Cream Cheese Frosting (our personal taste).