Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy because everything is mixed together in the baking pan!
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup golden raisin
- In a 9" x 13" ungreased rectangular cake pan, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the applesauce, milk, melted butter and lemon juice all at once.
- Beat with a fork until well combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Dust with icing sugar, if desired, and cut into squares.