Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy dessert to make during the week. We let it cool a bit and serve it with ice cream.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped apple (make small pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat egg and sugar together till sugar is dissolved.
- Sift flour,baking powder and salt and fold into sugar mixture.
- Add apples, nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I made this for a quick dessert. It did whip up easily, but didn't turn out to be as fluffy as I had expected (like a cream puff). Instead of fluffy, the cake had a brownie like texture. It may have been my lack of technique. My honey suggests changing the name of the recipe to Apple Brownies. He really liked this.