Came up with this easy recipe when I had leftover wonton wrappers. These are soooo good, and just whip up in minutes. My kids went nuts for them! You could easily change the filling to your favorite! Great served a la mode (with ice cream!).
- Lay one wonton wrapper on work surface with one point towards you (diamond shape).
- Place 1 tablespoon apple pie filling in center.
- Moisten edges of wrapper on two sides closest to you.
- Fold wrapper in half, forming a triagle. Press to seal edges tightly.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet to 1/4-1/2 inch in depth.
- When hot, add wontons a few at a time.
- Brown on both sides and remove to paper toweling to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and DEVOUR!
Congratulations! What a great idea! I always have wonton wrappers around and like to stuff and fry them with many varied things but I NEVER thought of this. I can't wait to try them with cherry filling. Then peaches. Then blueberries. Then...well- you get the idea. Thanks so much. I am even going to have a plate of these at my next party.
These were so easy to make and so yummy! Thanks for the recipe :)
YUM!!! This was soooo good!!! Easy to put together and make up!! My family loved these! I cant wait to make these with other flavors. Only problem that I had was that I ran out of apple pie filling and only used 1/2 the wontons. Thanks for posting!!!