Recipe by Charmie777
Came up with this easy recipe when I had leftover wonton wrappers. These are soooo good, and just whip up in minutes. My kids went nuts for them! You could easily change the filling to your favorite! Great served a la mode (with ice cream!).
Top Review by Pot Scrubber
Congratulations! What a great idea! I always have wonton wrappers around and like to stuff and fry them with many varied things but I NEVER thought of this. I can't wait to try them with cherry filling. Then peaches. Then blueberries. Then...well- you get the idea. Thanks so much. I am even going to have a plate of these at my next party.
- 1 (21 ounce) cancinnamon apple pie filling (or favorite flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar
- ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay one wonton wrapper on work surface with one point towards you (diamond shape).
- Place 1 tablespoon apple pie filling in center.
- Moisten edges of wrapper on two sides closest to you.
- Fold wrapper in half, forming a triagle. Press to seal edges tightly.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet to 1/4-1/2 inch in depth.
- When hot, add wontons a few at a time.
- Brown on both sides and remove to paper toweling to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and DEVOUR!