1/1 Photo of Easy Apple Pie for 4 Foldover
Not enough pie lovers to require a full-size pie? This recipe makes enough for 4 servings and no leftovers! You might find it only serves 2 if you have hungry pie lovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (1 1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box)
- 1 egg
- 1In 2-quart saucepan, mix apples, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the water and the lemon juice.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- 4In small bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and salt.
- 5Gradually stir into apple mixture, cooking and stirring until mixture thickens.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 7Cool 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F
- 9Let pie crust pouch stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll crust on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Spoon cooled fruit mixture evenly onto half of crust to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- 12In small bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush over edge of crust.
- 13Fold untopped half of crust over apple mixture; firmly press edge to seal.
- 14Flute edge; cut small slits in several places in top crust. Brush top with remaining egg mixture.
- 15Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Apple Pie for 4 Foldover
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 393.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g