Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my grandma's recipe, originally from the "Spirit of Christmas" cookbook. It is made in a blender, therefore super easy but still great for breakfast on weekends or special occasions.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt butter in 9 by 13 glass baking dish in the oven.
- Add the apples and the dish to the oven until the apples begin to sizzle. DO NOT let them get brown.
- Blend batter ingredients in the blender. Use it on the "stir" setting.
- Pour the batter into the dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 min, cut into sqares and serve warm with syrup.
This was really good. It was quick and easy to make, with great results. The apples were tender and perfectly cooked and the pancake was soft, puffy, flavorful and filling. I garnished with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Made for Fall Pac 2011.