Recipe by Chef QT
Wake up to thedelicious smell of freshly baked bread on a Sunday morning. A simple yet heavenly tasting recipe....mmmm
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Filling for Medium Loaf
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (or pecan)
- chopped granny smith apple (or golden delicious) (optional)
Glaze for Medium Loaf
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180 deg Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients for filling together.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface, into a rectangular shape.
- Spread filling evenly over dough surface.
- Roll in a jelly-roll fashion starting at the wide end. Pinch seams closed.
- Place on greased baking sheet, cover and let rise about 30-45 minutes (if not otherwise specified).
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and bread makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- GLAZE: Mix glaze ingredients until desired consistency -- fairly thick. Pour over baked bread while still hot.