1/2 Photos of Easy Apple Fritters
Chef Pisces's Note:
We usually have these on Hanukkah (2nd or 3rd night), or perfect for a special Sunday Brunch. Usually served with Raspberry preserves or jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the oil into a deep-fryer and preheat. An electric skillet works also, but they might not be as crisp.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork, and set aside.
- 3In another bowl, sift together the flour and sugar, then combine with the eggs and apple sauce. With an electric mixer, mix on a low speed till everything is well incorporated into a reasonably thick batter. The batter should be refrigerated for at least an hour before frying.
- 4In a deep fryer, on a medium to high heat, drop the batter by the spoonful into the basket, and lower it into the oil. They burn quickly, and should only be deep fried for a couple of minutes or till golden brown. In an electric skillet on medium, the fritters cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Once they're golden, drain on paper towels and when cool, they may be rolled in powdered sugar and served with Raspberry preserves.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Apple Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1444.8
- Calories from Fat 1011
- Total Fat 112.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 37.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: