Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet dessert for those with a sweet tooth :)
- 5 apples
- 125 g butter
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Grease a pie or flan dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together with caster sugar.
- Stir in melted butter, mix well.
- Sift in flour, a little at a time.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and salt.
- Set mixture aside.
- Peel apples, remove cores and pips and cut them into thin slices.
- Pour a little of mixture into dish.
- Arrange sliced apples on the dish then cover with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake apple flan for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Check at 45min to see flan is baked, i.
- when top is puffy and golden brown.
- Bake when skewer inserted into the center of the flan comes out clean.