Recipe by lmkga
Easy and DELICIOUS!! It's hard not to eat them all. I got this recipe from Rachel Ray magazine in a section where she gets recipes from celebrities. This recipe comes from "The Office" star, Angela... although I tweaked it slightly. Outrageously good with vanilla bean ice cream.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
This is so easy and tastes great! I loved it, thanks for posting! I made it as stated except for forgetting it was in the oven (while still covered by foil) for ten minutes. It didn't seem to adversely affect it at all though. I used Golden Delicious apples and served with vanilla frozen yogurt. It was made for PAC Fall 2012
- flour, for dusting
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 apples, peeled cut into thin wedges
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Mountain Dew soda
- vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. On a surface dusted with flour, unfold the rolls.
- 3. Place apple wedge on the wide edge of each piece of dough and roll up; place sumplings in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- 4. In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in the Mountain Dew.
- 5. Pour the mixture on the dumplings.
- 6. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes; remove the foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- 7. Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
- Steps 1-5 can be done before dinner so that you are ready for the 30 minute cooking time as you are finishing dinner.