1/1 Photo of Easy Apple Dumplings
This recipe is very loosely based on a recipe I found in a community cookbook, but I cut it back and used the ingredients I had on hand. (The original recipe made 30 servings).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unroll crescent rolls and separate at perforations.
- 2For each portion, fold and flatten the pastry with your fingers to form a 3 1/2 to 4 inch square.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon raisins in the center of the square. Cover with an apple quarter, cut side down.
- 4Bring edges of pastry up and seal seams together with your fingers.
- 5Place seam side down in a 7x11 inch (or 8 or 9 inch square) baking dish.
- 6Place water and butter in microwave in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave at maximum power for 1-2 minutes until butter melts and water is hot. (Microwaves vary; use your judgment about yours).
- 7Stir in sugar and vanilla and pour over and around dumplings in dish.
- 8Sprinkle cinnamon over top.
- 9Bake in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and apples are tender.
- 10Serve hot, with ice cream or whipped cream or milk, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Apple Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 210.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g