Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderfully easy recipe for apple dumplins'.This recipe is easy, fast and tasty. I found this recipe in an old church recipe book that belonged to my husband's grandmother.
- Core applies. Pare or leave skins on.
- Roll out each biscuit thinly using a rolling pin. (be sure to dust with flour).
- Place an apple in the center of each biscuit.
- Fill centers with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. (1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon).
- Dot each apple with 2 teaspoons of margarine/butter.
- Wrap up with apple in biscuit and seal with fingers.
- Boil 2/3 cup sugar and water with 2 tablespoons of margarine/butter for 3 minutes.
- Pour syrup around apples in flat casserole dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- *Best served hot and even better with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Very tasty! Not as good as the 800-calorie kind, but I almost never allow myself to enjoy those. This lower-calorie version is nice and what makes it great is that I can enjoy them more often. I confess I did use a lot more cinnamon, I think at least 1 teaspoon (kept adding to the 1/3 cup sugar until the color looked right).