Recipe by Aussie Chef Of The Day
This was passed onto me from a friend of mine. It was so quick and easy to make and really yummy to eat. Tastes great with cream and/or icecream!
- 1 (800 g) pie apples (unsweetened)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 Weet-Bix
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine (Flora light)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Melt margarine.
- In a medium size mixing bowl crush weetbix finely, add all other dry ingredients to bowl and combine.
- Add melted margarine into milk and blend into dry ingredients until mixture resembles a crumble texture.
- Place pie apple in base of a casserole dish (eight cup capacity), sprinkle crumbly mixture over apple and bake 40 -45 minutes.
- Serve warm with cream and/or icecream!