Recipe by Anu
This has to be the easiest apple crumble ever! I found this recipe in my Oven cookbook, and I can't wait to try it.
- 750 g apples, peeled and sliced
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 90 g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 60 g butter
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide the sliced fruit into 2 equal portions.
- Place one portion in a glass baking dish and sprinkle half of the powdered sugar over it, and then cover with the second portion of apples.
- In another bowl, run the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir the remaining sugar into it and mix well.
- Sprinkle this crumble mixture evenly over the top of the fruit and press down lightly with your fingertips.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees celcius (347 degrees F) for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.