Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This has to be the easiest apple crumble ever! I found this recipe in my Oven cookbook, and I can't wait to try it.
- 750 g apples, peeled and sliced
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 90 g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 60 g butter
- whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
- Divide the sliced fruit into 2 equal portions.
- Place one portion in a glass baking dish and sprinkle half of the powdered sugar over it, and then cover with the second portion of apples.
- In another bowl, run the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir the remaining sugar into it and mix well.
- Sprinkle this crumble mixture evenly over the top of the fruit and press down lightly with your fingertips.
- Bake in preheated oven at 175 degrees celcius (347 degrees F) for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
this was the best apple crumble i've ever tasted (next to my french Grandmas traditonal 14 juillet cellebration apple crumble!) this recipie was fullproof nothing could go wrong.
I found this when checking the banks for my mum's recipe - nearly exactly the same, but I used granulated sugar. Perfect mix and so easy to make.