Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Quick stuffing can be made ahead and has simple ingredients.
- 2 cups corn
- 2 cups white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 thick pork chops
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- Mix corn, crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Saute onion and parsley in butter, add to corn mixture with the beaten egg and apple.
- Stir in the cream with a light touch.
- Add poultry seasoning.
- Stuff pockets of pork chops and brown on both sides ini a heavy skillet.
- Place chops in large casserole dish.
- Mix broth and chicken gravy together and pour over chops.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1 1/2 or 2 hours. Add more liquid if necessary.