Recipe by farr
Fast, easy fruit cobbler with minimal work - I found this on another website a while back and we make it all the time. You can use any canned fruit, like peaches (omit extra liquid) or canned pie filling. The dry cake mix soaks up the liquid from the fruit and the butter to make a yummy cobbler-like crust. It's a crowd pleaser right out of the oven with ice cream.
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup water (approx) or 1⁄4 cup apple juice (approx)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix (dry) or 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour fruit (do not drain) into ungreased 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Add juice or water to fruit (only if using pie filling instead of canned fruit in syrup).
- Pour dry cake mix on top of fruit.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake approx 20 - 30 minutes uncovered until golden brown.